A new hot trend has recently appeared in the wedding world – brunch weddings! Weddings are traditionally seen as a late afternoon-evening affair, which means dinner, cocktails, lots of dancing, and a flashy, sparkly getaway by the bride and groom. But what about having your wedding in the late morning? It’s unusual and before you object to it, I’ll tell you about the advantages of a brunch wedding.
- The food. Just imagine: a delicious waffle bar with heaping bowls of fresh fruit and whipped cream! Tasty donuts, pancakes, and French toast options or the Bloody Mary bar. Yummy!
- It’s actually more cost effective. Many venues charge less for morning events, and you might even have more flexibility in where you can have your reception. And paying for breakfast-themed food is going to cost a lot less then a three-course meal, open bar, and cake.
- You’ll have more time. You aren’t going to be as rushed as you might be at an evening wedding. Since you have the whole day ahead of you, you’ll be able to chat with guests, take your wedding photos, and hang out with your new spouse.
- A brunch wedding is generally a more casual affair than an evening wedding. A shorter or more playful wedding dress, light and airy wedding decor, and a less-fussy hairstyle are all major perks.
- You’ll have great light for your photos all day. It’ll stay bright and shiny all day, so you can get gorgeous, well-lit photos without leaving your guests hanging at the reception!