Every bride is different and has different needs but an emergency kit is what every girl should have at hand on her big day. An emergency kit is what can save your wedding and help enjoy it instead of worrying about something went wrong. What to put in it? There are many ideas and we are going to share the most useful and universal ones that most of girls may need. Let’s get started.
Makeup & Hair
- Blotting papers for absorbing shine and oil, not your fancy makeup – this is a must in any climate and both inside and outside.
- Q-tips & makeup remover: eyeliner mistakes happen but they don’t have to stick around.
- Tissues for those happy tears – yours or anyone else’s (and any accidental eye pokes with mascara wands).
- Travel size makeup products you were using for your makeup – a BB or CC cream, a lipstick or a lip gloss or both, a mascara (better a waterproof one) and some other items you may need to make your makeup perfect again.
- Hair spray and hair pins to quickly fix your gorgeous hairstyle in case something goes wrong.
- Sunscreen: even if the wedding is indoors, if the wedding party will be outside for photos, make sure to have this on hand. If it’s a hot location, keep in mind that it should be on you during the whole day. Depending on your climate, add bug spray for the same reason. Unscented for both!
- Mini first aid kit with Band-Aids, burn relief, liquid bandages, and antiseptic: safety first!
- A medicine trio of a pain reliever, allergy medicine, antacid: take precautions for the big three issues that can attack at any moment—especially under stress: headaches, allergies, and indigestion.
- Hand sanitizer or hand wipes to keep your hands clean, which is especially important if it’s an adventurous wedding somewhere in the mountains.
- Eye drops: don’t let red eyes ruin your beauty prep! If you wear contacts, make sure to bring an extra pair, contact solution, and a case.
- Granola bars or other easy-to-carry snacks to have a snack on the go – don’t make yourself suffer from hunger during the day.
- Straws to help you stay hydrated without messing up the lipstick.
- Breath mints to keep your breath super fresh. Take one right before you walk down the aisle, so the first kiss is minty fresh.
- Cash: just in case! Include some change in case you suddenly decide the only thing you need is a soda from that machine down the hall.
- Fashion tape for plunging necklines – it’s a must!
- Krazy Glue for nail fixes, shoe heels, decorations, even jewels.
- Chalk/ talcum powder in case of stains on your dress.
- Gel pads for feet to feel comfy during the day and dance during the night.
- Alcohol: when all else fails, a little liquid courage is the ultimate backup. Have a couple of airplane bottles of your favorite spirit handy… just in case.
Check your kit the night before the wedding to make sure that you have everything you need, this will leave you feeling confident and ready for the big day ahead.