Flowers for a wedding are really expensive and it seems like you can’t do without them because they intended to be everywhere from the bouquet in your hands to a centerpiece on the wedding table. How to save money on your florals? Here are 7 creative ways!
- Pick your own flowers. It’s one of the easiest ways to save the money! You can find lots of DIYs around the web telling you step-by-step how to create a bouquet in a certain style.
- Let your bridesmaids carry something other than flowers. It might be paper pinwheels or fans or parasols instead. It’s only you who set the rules!
- Choose flowers that are locally in season. It’s much easier and cheaper for your florist to source callas or freesias for your autumn wedding than peonies.
- Use less expensive and non-traditional elements. They can be herbs, fruits, vegetables, leaves, some inexpensive greenery, etc.
- Consider terrariums, plants or other as centerpieces. You can easily make these types of centerpieces yourself.
- Choose single flower arrangements. All the great things are simple, so use a single flower in a vase or group similar flowers casually together.
- Use bottles. Pick the bottles in matching wedding colors or vintage ones and use them as a centerpiece or hang them to accent areas.