Many couples enjoy the advantages of cozy wintertime and get married or engaged at this time. We’ve prepared a couple of useful tips for those of you, guys, who decided to get a fantastic winter outdoor engagement session.
- Adjust the schedule to have more daylight. In winter it typically gets darker during the day so it’s best to arrange for the session to conclude by 2pm to see each other well and catch the best sunlight.
- Dress for the worst weather case scenario. Treat your feet to winter boots and bring an extra pair of socks just in case. A pair of sweatpants can be worn under a dress to keep ladies legs warm. Shawls, wraps, mittens, hats and scarves are a creative way to bundle up in winter and look fashionable in your photos.
- Look for public decorations and lights. Look for locations that feature dramatic holiday light displays to create a colorful ambiance in your photos. Some public parks and zoos cater to the holiday crowds by providing enchanting illuminations.
- Take hot tea or mulled wine in thermoses with you. That’ll help you to stay warm during the session and you can incorporate it into your engagement photos.
- If it’s a countryside outdoor engagement, then don’t hesitate to make a fire. It’ll keep you warm and you’ll get stunning romantic photos.
- Finally, be patient. If you decided to have an outdoor winter engagement, then you should be ready to withstand cold to get great photos.