A wedding cake is rarely top of any wedding planning list but it’s necessary and rather important, so what are the hottest wedding cakes for 2014?
- Whimsical and romantic wedding cakes. Soft-iced, pink or pastel, embellished with handmade cake toppers, glitter, ribbon or polka dots these are the girliest of the wedding cakes, and their boys should let them enjoy them!
- Rustic wedding сakes. Going natural has been a big trend for wedding decor for the last while, with rustic chic, barns, burlap and cotton, and the wedding cake shouldn’t be forgotten. For a rustic wedding cake the naked wedding cake is the clear favorite. Decorated with delicate florals, greenery and sweet cake topper these are a DIY wedding cake dream. Or if you’re an icing fan, then simple buttercream slathered on in soft-icing will a natural and rustic look.
- Modern wedding cakes. Think geometric designs, graphic prints, ombre or even watercolors are amazing for a contemporary celebration.
- Glam wedding cakes. Glitter and gold is good not only for décor but also for cakes, so spray paint a plain fondant cake, embellish with metallic shapes, add some art deco glitz or a beautiful crown cake topper.
- Classic and elegant wedding cakes. Soft colors, double height tiers, beautiful embellishments, love words cakes and lace wedding cakes – these are classical ones for 2014!